Asteroids bot submitted, publishing source

A while ago I blogged about my participation in the c’t programming contest to write a bot that plays against the 1979 Atari console.

Submission deadline was June 30th, and the results are trickling in now.

I am on rank 104, which I’m more than satisfied with. Unsurprisingly I didn’t make the top 50, I spent way too little time on it. But I had lots of fun with it, I have something that works, and at least outperforms my own Asteroids skills 🙂

In case anyone is interested in it, the source code is on It’s a bzr branch, so you can bzr get the directory.